These yummy little things are a cinch to whip up, and you can customize them in all sorts of ways! They’re fantastic for breakfast or for a hearty mid-day snack. My dad invented them one morning and they’ve become a Sunday morning staple for our family. The great thing about them is that you can throw in whatever veggies, meat and cheese you have, as long as you’ve got eggs. Don’t underestimate the punch these little things pack, though– they’re quite filling!
Egg “Muffins” (the way I did them here)
- 1/2 a tomato, sliced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- cheese (amount and type is your choice– I used Old Cheddar here), thinly sliced
- 6 cold cuts (I used smoked chicken breast here) (OR, you can even use smoked salmon!)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 6 eggs
- grease of your choice (oil or butter)– I use butter
Preheat oven to 300 F.
Grease each muffin cup.
Press 1 cold cut (or salmon) into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Crack an egg into each cup (don’t worry about keeping the yolk intact).
Place a tomato slice, and sprinkle some green onion, onto each one.
Ground some black pepper onto each one.
Bake until clear egg whites become white.
Remove from oven and add some cheese onto each one.
Bake again until cheese has melted and eggs have risen slightly.
Remove each egg “muffin” carefully with a fork & enjoy!