I got the idea for these sandwiches after eating lunch at Pusateri’s one day. They’ve got a delicious turkey-brie croissant sandwich that they put blueberry mayo into (instead of the black currant jam that I had in my fridge), but either will do.
I added the apple for the extra “crunch” texture, and I highly recommend it.
Grilling these sandwiches makes all the difference. They’re still good cold, but sooo good hot.
Here’s what you need:
- smoked turkey cold cuts
- brie cheese, sliced to about 1/4 inch thick
- arugula or spinach (or both, in my case)
- apple, *thinly* sliced
- a dark berry jam (or berry mayo)
Here’s what you do:
- Cut all croissants open.
- Spread small amount of jam along top inner croissant halfs.
- Place about 2-3 layers of turkey on croissant bottom halfs.
- Layer in the greens (arugula/spinach), then some apple on top.
- Next put on the brie, and close the sandwiches up.
- Grill them with an indoor grill or a good ol’ pan, “grilled-cheese”-style.