Add a little something extra to your asparagus this evening. The sundried tomatoes add a nice kick of flavour that juxtaposes nicely with the asparagus. Best of all, this is quick and easy to prepare!
All you need:
- a bunch of asparagus
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or pushed through a garlic press
- 3 sundried tomatoes (canned), chopped
- (sea) salt and fresh pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (approx 1/2 tbsp)
What you do:
- Cut the hard bottom ends off the asparagus and wash.
- Bring a small amount of water to boil in a large skillet (about a cm high).
- Lay asparagus into the water and cook until they begin to soften and colour has turned bright green (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove asparagus and drain water from skillet.
- Heat the olive oil in the same skillet and add the garlic and sundried tomatoes. Stir around.
- Add the asparagus, grate in your pepper and season with salt to your taste.
- Turn asparagus in pan to fully coat all of them. (I used tongs to make this easier).
- Remove from heat and Enjoy!